Benicia Arsenal FC
Due to the COVID-19 (Coronavirus) global pandemic, our competitive team tryout process will be different for the 2020/21 season.
Based on current uncertainty and restrictions on activity and social interactions, we have amended team selection to prioritize the following:
- Health and safety of our community – To reduce the potential for unnecessary virus transmission, we have eliminated the traditional large open tryout process. Hundreds of players and families in one location, especially with individuals traveling from neighboring cities, would increase the chances of virus infections within our community.
- Following restrictions mandated regarding social interactions – We will be following all public health guidance and restrictions implemented by the following bodies: The US Federal Government, The State of California, Solano County, The City of Benicia.
- Following US Club Soccer and NorCal Premier Soccer policies – Our governing bodies will also have restrictions put in place on activity and social interaction.
- Integrity and accuracy of evaluations – A player’s ability, in comparison with other players, can only be accurately evaluated in a competitive environment. If restrictions do not allow for players to compete for the ball (dribbling, defending), it is impossible to determine their comparative ability levels.
- Players’ mental wellbeing – This is not a normal time for a society. Children will understandably have a lot of uncertainty, confusion, fears and frustrations regarding the pandemic. We believe that the best thing for children at this time is a return to enjoying playing soccer and socializing with their friends, as soon as it safe to do so. With this in mind, a large tryout environment would cause an added amount of unnecessary stress and anxiety for many children.
Therefore, all Benicia Arsenal FC competitive teams for the 2020/21 season will be selected without large open tryouts. Existing Benicia Arsenal FC competitive players will be offered places on teams. Players not currently on teams will be evaluated in an individual or small group setting.
All players who would like to be considered for Benicia Arsenal FC competitive teams in the upcoming 2020/21 season, should read the information below, carefully and in full.
If, after reading the information on this page, you need any additional details, or have any questions, please email our Director of Coaching at email@example.com
After reading through this information, please click on the link to register interest in our competitive program. All players not currently on a Benicia Arsenal FC competitive team must register in advance of player evaluations. There is no cost to register interest or to attend player evaluations.
For more information about our competitive program, please click HERE
2020/21 Season Tryout Organization and Evaluations.
Current Benicia Arsenal FC Competitive Players:
All players currently part of a Benicia Arsenal FC competitive team for the 2019/20 season do NOT need to register interest for player evaluations. All players on our 2019/20 season competitive teams will be contacted individually by our coaching staff prior to May 31st 2020. If your player fits into this category, you do NOT need to take any further action at this time.
Benicia Arsenal FC Recreational Program Players:
All players, who played in Benicia Arsenal FC’s recreational league in Fall of 2019 and are interested in playing competitive soccer in this upcoming 2020/21 season, SHOULD register their interest using the link below.
Players not currently registered to any NorCal Premier Soccer club:
All players who are not currently registered to a US Club Soccer/NorCal Premier Soccer competitive club, SHOULD register their interest using the link below.
Players with a valid registration/player card for another NorCal Premier Soccer Club for the 2019/20 season:
Any players interested in joining Benicia Arsenal FC that are currently registered to another competitive club, can register their interest using the link below. Please note that players that fall into this category will be only be considered on a case by case basis. We are not encouraging players to move clubs at this time, due to the disruption and uncertainty caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. However, if after consultation with the player’s current club and subsequently with the player’s family, it is deemed appropriate then we will consider such players. Examples of such circumstances include: Players moving to the area from another city; Players whose current team has folded; Players who have not been offered a place on a team by their current club; Other special circumstances relating to the player’s wellbeing and/or family circumstances.
All interested players will be evaluated by our club’s evaluation panel. The evaluation panel is comprised of Benicia Arsenal FC’s Director of Coaching, Technical Director, professional coaches and selected independent evaluators. Participants are evaluated according to their technical abilities, tactical awareness, physical attributes and behavioral and mental skills.
After players have registered for an evaluation, using the link below, they will receive an email confirmation. This email will also provide details of the next steps.
Special Considerations and Injured Players
If a player is injured and unable to participate or has other extenuating circumstances, their family should still register for player evaluations and also contact our Director of Coaching at firstname.lastname@example.org
Recreational League Registration vs Tryout Registration
All players who attend competitive player evaluations and do not make it onto a team will still be able to register for our recreational league, on conclusion of competitive team formation.
Players who have already registered for our recreational league can still try out for a competitive team. If they make it onto a competitive team, their registration can be transferred over to the competitive program.
To register for Benicia Arsenal FC 2019/20 Season tryouts, please click the “Register” button below and complete all required details.